Thursday, November 16, 2006

A strange thing happened yesterday. One of the results of this unusual occurrence was...



Yes, it rained. Not much, only 10mm but it has been months since even that sort of amount has fallen. At this time of year (November - end of Spring) our paddocks should have grass between knee and waist high, if no animals or machinery have been in them. The picture below is the paddock near the house... it has had no animals or machinery in it for over six months.



It has also had little water in it over the same period.

The business of music progresses. The web site (www.endsongs.com) is pretty much done, I have begun a photo library where I will put the images from this blog (and others eg from performances, etc). I have used the JAlbum software, it is pretty much how I like software - spend 10 seconds on familiarization then be able to get 90% of your work done. I don't like wasting time finessing and stuffing around. I always use the example of a washing machine when I meet computer and/or software geeks - we don't spend time getting the extra 1% performance out of the washing machine, it is just a machine to get the task done. Computers and software should be like that (it's the reason I changed everything to Apple over a year ago).

I have put together a rudimentary sample CD with 10-20 second snippets of music from our rehearsals. Pretty cool (and easy) to make them fade in and out. I have done samples because I know how busy and uninterested venue owners are. They can listen to the CD, quickly know that we can play our instruments and get an overview of all the music styles we play. Much better than words when you don't play within a single musical style. I have spent too long on a brochure but the results are not too bad. (If you are in business - which I am - then it is important to project the image that you are in business to people who will be impressed by said image).

Some actual music playing has been happening as well. Started work on the new piece "Wagner would know". Basically, it's Eflat for 10+ minutes... Mmm, might need a few more notes than that...

I took some promotional shots and the results of my rudimentary camera skills are:

1. Ensemble (note the lack of connections between boxes - the tangle of chords looked too ugly)



2. Mr Bashfords rudimentary set up (he is very much looking forward to leaving his (large) drum set at home when we perform)



3. And the guitar guys stuff...


Nearly time to start work on the markmacpherson.com web site, dedicated to literary pursuits. It says something about the person that the two major endeavours of my life are in things that (almost) nobody makes any money. Mmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home